UNC Charlotte has a long history of serving veterans and militarily affiliated student, dating back to the institutions founding. Recognizing that these students make up a unique population of our campus community, the Veteran Services Office (VSO) in conjunction with Human Resources is offering Green Zone training to our faculty and staff.
Green Zone training is designed to provide faculty and staff with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the veteran and military experience as well as develop tools to better serve these students. Participants will gain tools to enhance the overall college experience for military-affiliated students so they may better guide and assist these students toward degree completion and onto a successful future. This is achieved by teaching participants more about the veteran experience and helping them to provide an encouraging, structured environment for our veterans and gaining greater knowledge about campus and community resources focused on veteran student success.
Learning Objectives include:
- Learn the basics of military structure, culture, and jargon
- Gain insights into the military to college transition issues faced by veterans
- Become familiar with the services available to military-connected students at UNC Charlotte
- Recognize ways to make your services, programs, and interactions more military-friendly
- Understand the key GI Bill educational program concepts and procedures
** Please be aware this is not an AI program. This program is organized through Learning and Organizational Development and requires a registration **