Interested in providing support for new advisors? Want to participate in a leadership opportunity? Want to share advising knowledge and practices?
Join the Advisor Institute Mentoring (AIM) Program!
The AIM program teams experienced advisors with new and continuing academic advisors to make the transition into advising at UNC Charlotte as seamless as possible.
What are the benefits of being an AIM mentor?
- Collaborate with advisors from the different areas of advising on campus
- Increase motivation and assist new advisors in developing an advising philosophy
- Foster connection to UNC Charlotte and interdepartmental collaboration
- Promote professional development and leadership opportunities
- Expand your comfort zone
What are the requirements to be an AIM mentor?
- must have three years advising experience total with at least two years of advising experience at UNC Charlotte
- commit to working with a mentee for one semester, for approximately one hour per week
- must attend one training session each year
- make at least four meetings with your mentee during each semester
- support new advisors with their social transition to the university
- connect mentees to the appropriate resources on campus to develop academic and professional goals
- provide feedback and be responsive to advisor questions in a timely manner
Next training session will be taking place Wednesday, June 3rd from 10 - 11 am in Colvard 2006.
Registration coming soon!