Interested in connecting with experienced academic advisors? Need support for developing professional advising skills? Want to learn more about campus-wide advising resources?
Join the Advisor Institute Mentoring (AIM) Program!
The AIM program teams experienced advisors with new and continuing academic advisors to make the transition into advising at UNC Charlotte as seamless as possible.
What are the benefits of joining AIM?
- Support from another advisor on campus
- Support for the development of your advising philosophy
- Support for developing use of advising tools and resources
- Learn about professional development opportunities
- Learn successful ways to excel as a professional academic advisor
- Support, friendship, and motivation!
What are the requirements to be a mentee in AIM?
- Working in an advisor role at UNC Charlotte for no longer than 2 years.
Mentorships are for one semester and can be started in either fall or spring semester. You will receive additional information about the program and steps for getting started with a mentor when you apply.