The UNC Charlotte Advisor Institute is a professional development program open to all faculty and staff advisors and student support professionals. The Institute strives to create and maintain a common culture of advising at UNC Charlotte.
Summer Book Club
Meeting Times (10:30 am - 11:30 am)
- Wednesday, June 30th - Part One (pages 1- 95)
- Wednesday, July 21st - Part Two (pages 99 - 191)
- Wednesday, August 11th - Part Three (pages 195 - 226)
AAIT (Academic Advising Improvement Team) Monthly Meetings
Everyone in the UNC Charlotte Advising Community is welcomed to attend, no RSVP needed! If you would like to present at AAIT, please contact Deanna via email at email@example.com.
Date for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year (location/log on information will be provided closer to event)
- September 17, 2021 10 - 11:30 am
- October 15, 2021 10 - 11:30 am
- November 19, 2021 10 - 11:30 am
- December 17, 2021 10 - 11:30 am
- January 21, 2022 10 - 11:30 am
- February 18, 2022 10 - 11:30 am
- March 18, 2022 10 - 11:30 am
- April 15, 2022 10 -11:30 am
Advisor Institute Professional Development Series
These professional development sessions are open to all advisors (faculty, staff, secondary, etc.) and student support professionals. The sessions are designed to be participatory and collaborative, with opportunities for small-group and case study discussions. Please check back often for new opportunities
Additional Campus Opportunities for Academic Advisors
The Advisor Institute recognizes that opportunities for professional development can often be found throughout campus by different offices or departments. Posted below are a small sampling that the Institute feels will continue to improve the education and scope of advising professionals on campus. Please note the events listed below are not hosted by the Advisor Institute and may require advance registration.
Green Zone Training
- August 27, 2021 (1:30 - 3:00 pm) * Viritual
- September 21,2021 (10 - 12 noon)
- October 18, 2021 (9:00 - 10:30 am)
- November 18, 2021 (2:30 - 4:00 pm)
Addiction Awareness: Recovery Ally Certification
- September 2, 2021 (1:00 - 2:30 pm)
- November 12, 2021 (1:00 - 2:30 pm)
To Register: Learning and Organizational Development
Employee Engagement & Career Advancement
- October 25, 2021 (9:00 am - 10:00 am) *Viritual
- December 3, 2021 (10:00 am - 11:00 am) *Viritual
To register for Technology Trainings on CONNECT, EAB, etc., please go to Technology Training.
Tell us what you think
Do you have ideas for new Advisor Institute professional development sessions? Use our suggestion box to submit your proposal.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions.