Your assigned advisor(s) should be listed on your General Student Record. Some departments do not assign specific advisors but make several available to you. If your record does not list an advisor, or you are having difficulty reaching or communicating with your advisor, contact the department of your major (undeclared students or those transitioning between majors should see an advisor in the University Advising Center).
To find your advisor(s):
- Log into My UNC Charlotte
- Click on "Connect"
- Select "Get Advising" on right side of the homepage
- Follow the instructions to make an appointment
- Students with a Declared Major or Pre-Major are advised by an academic advisor in the department of their major/pre-major or in their College.
- If your department has not yet assigned advisors, contact the department for guidance or seek assistance from the University Advising Center.
- Most freshmen with declared majors in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are advised by the Liberal Arts & Sciences Advising Center during the first year of study.
- Freshmen and New Transfer Students completing freshman courses with declared majors in Engineering are advised by the College of Engineering's Office of Student Development and Success.
- Students with More Than One Major are advised by assigned advisors in each academic department or College.
- Students who have Not Declared a Major are assigned an advisor from the University Advising Center.
- Students Needing Assistance in Clarifying General Education Program Requirements can seek advice from the University Advising Center.
- Students Transitioning (or want to) From One Major to Another can seek advice from the University Advising Center.
- Students of Various Populations receive secondary advising as a supplement to the required primary advisor.